All the information that fits. Get our latest news & updates on our blog and social media:
Check out our helpful links below. Access gear lists, itineraries, important contact info, forms, and links you may need as you get into the woods with us.
Parent Portal Log In
Our new software is now live – click on any “book now” button or register for a course on our website, and you will be directed to log in to your account. There, you will have your complete billing history, your family information, and other information in your account, from March 11, 2021 going forward.
Or, click below to log in:
How to Register
Registration for our programs is easy – Click the “book a program” link in the menu above to get started. Look over our booking page to see what we offer, and choose the program(s) for which you would like to register your child.
The All-Seasons Outdoor Explorers gear list page (all current programs)
Join us on Remind – our communication app!
|Starting in 2022, we will automatically add all customers to our Remind account – it is a requirement to be a part of our programs, as it is part of our updated emergency communications plan.|
Remind is an app that we use to ensure efficient and clear communication and transparency between ITWAK program guides, administrators, and our community of families and participants. In addition to general communication, Remind is important for the following reasons:
1. Parents & caregivers can issue non-emergency and emergency updates to their program’s admins and guides simultaneously, thus avoiding the game of “telephone” between ITWAK staff. This is specifically useful to us as we are a small team, and often all admins and guides are out on the trails with programs and not everyone has a connection to phone service. With remind, when a parent wants to relay a message to their program, they are ensured it will reach everyone simultaneously and their message will be received.
2. ITWAK admins and guides can issue non-emergency and emergency updates directly to all participants or specific individuals as needed; parents/caregivers can add as many contacts as they need so that their entire community involved in pick-up/drop-off is included in the communication of changes.
3. Parents can reach out and check in with the guides that are involved with their children’s program. One thing that is special about our program is that parents can know who is with their kids all day and communicate with them. Remind is a useful too that allows us to continue to build this sense of community as we grow with you.
4. You can set remind to alert both your email and send a text message simultaneously.
5. We’ve established different ‘classes’ below so that you can add yourself and your family to the program for which you are enrolled, thus avoiding superfluous reminders and alerts. Please add the first ‘class’, the INTO THE WOODS ALASKA PROGRAMS, as general reminders, event notices, or updates will occur through this class. We also recommend joining the WILD ANCHORAGE SCAVENGER HUNT – a weekly clue with a local outdoorsy answer kids and their families can try to solve!
Read our COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
Cancellation Policy & Submission Form
Quite a lot of energy goes into creating a carefully curated Outdoor Studies Program, from lesson plans, community outreach, partnerships, and most significantly, hiring. We seek out the most highly-qualified staff to support our program, care for youth, and represent our mission and goals; staff are hired based on enrollment numbers. When we hire our staff, we enter into a commitment with them – we are helping support their livelihoods. However, we also understand life happens and plans can change – this is why we have developed a comprehensive, transparent cancellation policy. We must do our best to support and provide service to both our customers and our employees; both of these very important aspects have informed our policies.
Click on the button below to submit a program cancellation notification to us, or fill out the form below – We will review your notification and issue credit or refund according to our cancellation policy.
Our Cancellation Policies
- ACT OF NATURE: If an unforeseen, uncontrollable event happens that forces the closure of any ITWAK program, for example a global pandemic, natural disaster or other unforeseen or uncontrollable event, ITWAK will not be able to offer refunds for any program booked during this time.
- PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN INITIATED CANCELLATIONS AND REFUND POLICY: In the event that you are unable to join us the following guidelines will apply. 75% refunds will be provided 60 days prior to the trip/camp date. 50% refunds will be provided 30-59 days prior to trip date. The 50% retained by ITWAK can be credited towards another trip if used within 12 months. No refunds will be provided within 29 days of the trip date. This policy has been established to meet the demands of planning well organized trips, programs and courses. If for any reason a trip ends early there will be no refund. All cancellations and requests for refunds MUST be submitted via the cancellation form “ITWAK Customer Cancellation Notification” on our website page “Parent Info Page”.
- IF YOUR TRIP/CAMP IS CANCELLED BY ITWAK: If, for any reason, ITWAK has to cancel your trip, course, or program, all deposits and trip payments will be refunded in full minus a 5% transaction fee, or, are fully transferable to another trip. ITWAK will not be responsible for any costs associated with cancellations including, but not limited to: flight cancelation fees, flight change fees, and/or associated lodging and meal fees. In the unlikely event that an ITWAK trip/camp fails to enroll a minimum amount of campers within 15 days of the start date of the session, said session will be cancelled, and a full refund shall be returned to the camper’s family, or the camper shall have the option to enroll in a different session, as space allows. Into the Woods, LLC will make every effort to immediately notify the camper’s family of this situation. ITWAK is not responsible for cancellations occurring from an Act of Nature (see above Act of Nature clause).